Wednesday 27 January 2010

Iron Fist.

Iron Fist is a punk/indie brand that I have admired for a long time. The brand, originally inspired by two guys - Mike Van Sensus and Travis Anderson -Uses quirky gothic style imagery alongside 50's style shoe shapes and 6 inch heels. This brand has it all. I have sat and googled this brand for a long, long time (my favourite past time). Finding limited edition styles and pondering days of one day owning a pair of these delicious heels. I spent many a night dreaming of a pair of these standing out against a simple Reiss of American Apparrel dress. Apart from the patent mac and 'lets kill something bag' with super cute kitties that I found on websites that weren't tax free for the UK. I thought I would never be cut a deal in the UK for any apparel or accessories from this brand. Then Office surprised me with their supreme buying skills! Must be good old Jeni! So before I went travelling I purchased these bad boys.





Although they still remain in their pink leopard print graffitied box, I take them out daily for their walk. Tomorrow they will have their showcase and I will report back. They are super high but I feel cocktails in a bunker with Tom can handle it.

The 'Zombie Stomper' was the style I was first attracted too. The slightly grotesque design, when worn just added a cute strip of zombie teeth across the toe, with the delicacy of a black laced bow against the heel. I missed theses beauties in the Office sale but one day i will have them. Iron Fist uses originality when designing and styling shoots. Though it still isn't a household name that is seen just anywhere. Mike and Travis contrast high quality, with an alternative underground vibe that does well in both niche and high-street stores. Its universal appeal makes it one to watch. Maybe just a concession or sub category as of yet - I hope this brand has stand alone stores in the future to banish my hunger for original shoe design.

Anyway, I am not a 'typical' shoe girl, and one of the first to admit it! Recently I have become a fan of the wedge and 6 inch heel. Slidding and slipping around the streets of London as I gain the stability of a 5'8 girl (not used to the heel) that finds herself initially walking along pebbled streets - reminiscent of Bambi as the gangly legs gain strength, posture and security. Thanks to Cosmopolitan Magazine I was given a free pair of these. oh yessssss 'Digi-Skull'!


A heel freak, I feel a fool, not only due to the added height but the extended ego that accompanies 8-9 inch heels. There is something about heels that adds to your confidence, so much that you tower over that assistant on a Sunday. The assistant that makes delays. strikes and engineering works seem like a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ago. The heels add to the importance and genuine significance of getting somewhere. They matter and tube strikes don't, that's why I jam them in the door.


I'm only joking.


Check out Shoes or Hop Topic for the newest and cheapest styles on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment