Thursday 21 January 2010

Marmarati

With trepidation I attended a secret event held by the ‘Marmarati’. In the not so dark and seedy 5 Cavendish Square, one was still anxious considering the crazy voicemails and invitation completely in Latin. Which either meant there was going to be a pleasant treat for the Marmite elite fans of London – or I was going to drowned in a sacrificial batch of Bovril. In fact, although a slightly scary and uneasy reception of suspicious men in costume, it turned out to be a secret tasting of a new Marmite. Sat at a medieval style table adorned with candles and flowers, I was blindfolded by a man – we were asked to open our mouths and put in what was found in front of us. Not normally a girl to do this kind of thing, of course.

Anyway, the result was not only getting to choose the recipe for the new Marmite, but also being declared the first circle of Marmarati. We have a badge and everything!


As this continued we were also force fed marmite infused cocktails and champagne, obviously this was effecting any response I had to feedback on each pot put in front of me, but the best one definitely was picked. So for all you Marmite fans, ones of these jars will be hitting the shelves of your nearest supermarket very soon!

To top if off we were given a certificate and massive goodie bag. Though the ‘clan’ has a slightly nazi-esque name, getting any sort of certificate pleases me greatly. I think the last time I felt that chuffed was winning a gold medal for ‘digging gold’ in Legoland.

No comments:

Post a Comment