Thursday 11 February 2010

Adam Sandler - Grown Ups


I have just been reading about the new Adam Sandler movie due this summer. I am dubious when it comes to Adam Sandler post Happy Gilmore days - examples of which are Click and Funny People - two hours of my life I will never get back. This new film 'Grown Ups', not only boasts a star studded line up including Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade, Rob Schneider, Salma Hayek, Steve Buscemi, Maria Bello, Gary Busey and David Spade it also boasts men wearing t-shirts going down water slides! No seriously, it is meant to be the Sandler comeback of the century. Its about a group of guys that reunite years after college to celebrate the death of their coach and rekindle their friendship during a holiday with wives and kids in toe. Bar one, this is pretty much the cast of Saturday Night Live - so I am hoping for good things. Maybe I am pessimistic or just realistic, but I really hope this movie proves me wrong. I want to rekindle the funny Sandler I remember from my youth and realise that growing older doesn't mean growing up! Ha - like what I did there.

I am catching up on lots of movies at the moment which has been a pleasure, as I slipped away for a while and found comfort in Arrested Development and Friday Night Lights box sets. Back to the movies from Feb and more reviews to follow. Tata.

No comments:

Post a Comment